The Green Deal
The Government’s Flagship Energy-Saving Initiative.
Whether you’re a landlord, homeowner or tenant, the Green Deal offers you very real benefits – saving money on your energy bills and having a well insulated, warm home.
In the past, many people believed ‘going green’ was expensive. With domestic energy costs rising, homeowners are finding that heating the home is one of their largest single monthly outlays. However, Green Deal can help.
What is The Green Deal?
These days, we hear more and more about energy-efficient living. It’s not expensive, it’s not a fad; it’s simply common sense. Making your home more energy-efficient saves money and can help tackle climate change.
So, as part of the 2011 Energy Act, the UK government introduced The Green Deal. It’s an initiative that aims to revolutionise Britain’s homes by:
- providing simple and cost-effective energy-efficient improvements
- helping you manage the cost of any improvements required – the costs are paid for through your energy bills over time
- reducing energy waste to help you save money over the long-term
- making energy-efficiency a standard requirement for any home
What are energy-efficient improvements?
There are many ways to make a home more energy-efficient, and that’s made more affordable and achievable through The Green Deal. In fact, at GMEAS we can help you with 45 different measures. These include:
- Loft insulation and cavity wall insulation
- External and internal solid wall insulation
- Double or triple glazing windows
- Home boiler upgrade
- Solar panels and wind turbines
Further Green Information
Don’t just take our word for it; for further information on the Green Deal Initiative, visit
or Call the Energy Saving Trust for free and impartial advice on 0300 123 1234